Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Life Lesson Learned

Due to an unfortunate yet hilarious you probably had to be there incident today at work I have learned that you should NEVER take the lid off a partially frozen bottle of pop. 

Because a large group of our after school extension kids are gone to Clear Creek we had a little party (for lack of a better word) with the remaining lone student. We watched a movie and had some treats. Sounds like the perfect way to end a day to me. Unfortunately we had a partially frozen liter of pop that I took to the sink to open, thinking I'll just take the lid off and let is ooze out instead of doing it a little at a time. I was totally unprepared for the explosion that followed. All of a sudden I couldn't see anything, my hair was dripping ice chunks, my sweater as well as the walls and floor were also dripping with stickiness. 

I stood there in shock wondering what was I going to do and feeling just slightly idiotic when in came my friend Kaitlin. She about died laughing at the sight of me. I'm just glad I didn't have to deal with that cold stickiness all day and I got a pretty good laugh out of it as well. 

Sometimes a good laugh is worth the unintentional idiocy.

No comments: