Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Weakness? Coming up with titles for this!

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." 


I think this would be the goal of good people everywhere, everyone wants to make a difference in the world and know that their life meant something. Easier said than done most of the time, at least that's how I feel. I think your outlook on life not only changes how things turn out in your own life but the affect your able to have on those around you. 
Lately I have been feeling pretty pessimistic. Most things frustrate me and instead of looking on the bright side I tend to dwell on it to the point that I even annoy myself. 
A couple of weeks ago in Sacrament meeting the guy speaking talked about having a positive outlook on life. He challenged us to keep a "Loving Life Journal" and although I never do things like that cause I usually think it's weird, I decided to do it. I'm not real good at it yet and it may not be the sole reason why I'm feeling a little better these days but I think I'll keep it up cause it certainly doesn't hurt to look on the bright side of life. Blessings happen every day. 

No comments: