Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cooking Up A Storm

Before my mission I really enjoyed cooking. It was fun and I enjoyed trying new things. My weakness is desserts, they are so fun to make. Unfortunately I did little to no cooking in Ecuador and didn't find it very fun when I got home. It was a skill I completely lost (I was reimbursed with about 12 other ones so I'm not complaining) and have slowly had to relearn.
It's taken this long because what fun is it to cook for yourself? Answer: None! Now that I'm here in Texas though I've been able to cook some and have rediscovered how much I love it. I'm having so much fun!
I'm keeping a list of the successful recipes I've made on the side but my two favorite of those are the Lemon Raspberry bars and the Apple Pie. 
I've made about every version of Lemon bar known to mankind because I love lemony things that much but this recipe is my new favorite.
Just look at them:
I've also made lots of apple pies and never found a recipe that I was in love with. That mystery has at last been solved and this will be the recipe of choice from now on! So Good!!!

No comments: