Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Do I Believe in Destiny?

Well technically I would say no but my real questions is, am I destined to be a loser the rest of my life?
I mean really, what am I good at? Nothing. It's true that I'm not horrible at everything but do I have any special gifts and talents to boast about? If we are talking about school I think the answer to that would have to be a big fat NO. I've always enjoyed school for the most part but I've never been very good at it. I've never had grades to write home about but lately things have taken a dramatic turn for the worst.
One of the lessons that I learned thanks to the mission was that I can do hard things. So with that same attitude I tend to sign up for potentially fun classes that will be new and exciting. Last year it was advanced Spanish (I spoke the language fluently, sounds like a recipe for success to me!), this semester it's group piano (people make it look so easy!) but sadly they both have gotten the better of me.
I failed so miserably at Spanish that I ended up quitting about a month before finals thinking I was having a mental/emotional breakdown, maybe even losing my mind. I didn't want to quit that close to the end after putting in a semesters worth of work but I seriously couldn't go on.
Piano has proved to be the one class too many for me this semester. I don't want to be a quitter. I want to prove that I can still do hard things. Unfortunately, this class benefits me in no way and I'm so miserable and there is no way I can finish all that is required in the two class periods left (I don't even know what some of the assignments mean) so once again I have proven to be a failure. I can't stick through it, I can't succeed. Potentially this may even prolong may wait to get into the education program (they want hard working smart people) and yet here I sit in the next building over while class is getting started, blogging. Am I really, truly okay with that? Yes, I think I am.
I want to succeed in life but sometimes it's okay to fail as long as I don't let it stop me from doing what I want to do with me life. It makes me feel lousy but I'm only giving up on one class not life, right!
Now, I just need to learn how to tone down the drama :)

1 comment:

Chesney said...

Kaitlin- you need to believe in yourself no matter what happens. I know that is easier said than done. I know you are capable just have faith that you can accomplish your goals! I know a couple of little girls who think you are an amazing person and me too!