Friday, December 11, 2009

Two Years!!!

I can hardly believe that yesterday I celebrated my two year anniversary of being home from my mission. It feels like it couldn't possibly have been that long but then again it's kinda surprising that it's only been that long.
Sometimes I feel a little sad that I don't have much to show for these two years. I really haven't been too productive but I feel that it's getting better. For the first time since I've been home I'm actually grateful to be home. I loved my mission and everything about it but it sure made it hard to come back to real life. I've had to learn all of those things over again which has been an up and down road. I had to learn how to be confident again which was the greatest thing I learned and the hardest thing to lose when I came home. I thought it was gone for good but have found in these last few months that it wasn't gone for good I just had to learn how to use it in real life. I had months where I thought I had finally adjusted but then in a moment became painfully aware that I had not. I think I finally reached that moment last year on my anniversary.
Suddenly I felt different, adjusted, comfortable in what life was now. I think this past year was just getting myself worn in. I feel like I have become a balance between the confident happy person that I learned to be on the mission and the normal person that functions in society :)
I am loving my work and feel pretty good about going to school, overall I would say I'm pretty happy! Tired but happy :)
With that said, I feel as though something's missing.

No comments: