Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Living Up To My Title

This post isn't any one thing specific but just some things that I have been thinking about. Perhaps a confession or two.
In my very first post I explained a little bit of why I had a blog. I've always enjoyed writing, not the serious, change the world, next great American novel kind of writing, just writing in general. I love writing letters and just writing things down. Not only does it help me make sense of things but it helps me express a voice that people don't normally get to hear from me. The problem with that theory was that it just didn't work out so well. Honestly I didn't enjoy having a blog and I didn't do so well in my computer class because I was a horrible blogger. The reason why I mention all of this is because just in the last week or so something has changed and I love having a blog.
I don't know what that something was but I was reading one of my favorite blogs, The Pioneer Woman and it made me want to have an awesome blog. I'm not a photographer, I can cook but nothing spectacular and I wouldn't want the pressure of having a famous blog but maybe, just maybe I can develop a talent :)


Do you ever have those life-changing epiphanies and moments of personal revelation that makes you feel like life might just actually make sense? Mine come with surprising frequency, like every night while I'm lying in bed waiting to fall asleep. All my great ideas come at once and I feel like I have life figured out and for what I don't quite have figured out I most certainly can conquer, no problem.
The problem is that I fall asleep and the next day if I can remember what I was thinking about I start to wonder what was I smoking?! It seems like crazy thinking but it would be really nice to wake up the next morning and have that same courage and confidence to concur the world. At least my little corner of it.
Maybe I should be writing these things down. If they really are crazy ideas and don't help then maybe I'll just get a good chuckle out of them. Not a bad idea if I say so myself but in all honesty it probably won't happen cause I'm kinda lazy like that :)



No comments: