Thursday, June 17, 2010

Worth Remembering

This boy was one of my Kindergartners this past year and putting it mildly, he was difficult. He was a good kid he just had a hard time with school. He loved to give hugs and and on most days was fun to have in class but on more than one occasion I had to pick him up and take him to the office for a time out.
Why is he worth remembering you ask? Well on the very last day of school I went in to help in his class and one of the activities that his teacher was doing was having each child say what their favorite thing about Kindergarten was. There of course was the normal responses of recess, playing, lunch etc. When it was his turn without thinking about it he said his favorite part of Kindergarten was Miss Blocker!
Now to be perfectly honest I dismissed it just thinking, "oh that's cute". But for some reason I've been thinking about it and I'm a little more flattered now than I was then. Granted he is only in Kindergarten so the chances of his even remembering me in the long run are minimal but for now anyway he thinks of me as the best thing about his first year of school!
It's great knowing that I helped someone have a better day :)

No comments: