Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Zoo Outing and Other Ego Boosters

Last week I went to the zoo with my friend Amy and her two kids. I can't even remember the last time I went to the zoo, but it was before all the renovations so it's been a while.
My interest in going to the zoo increased significantly in mid April when the 2nd graders went for a field trip. Yes I am pathetic and was jealous that I didn't get to go as well and ever since then I have been really wanting to go. My only problem being, I am childless and it just seems like the place you wouldn't want to go if you weren't accompanying one. So both thinking the other was going as a favor to us, Amy and I headed out with the kids.
It was really fun and we got to see the bird show, the baby elephant and my favorite the giraffes. Being the super lame photographer that I am these are the only pictures that I got...

Amy and her kids.

Me, the kids and the sneezing elephant!


Speaking of Amy and the kids, yesterday while driving home from St. George I got this text and yes I did read it while I was driving! I didn't reply though so it's only half a sin and I don't feel so bad about that :)
Anyway....
Amy: I asked Sarah if she wanted to go the zoo again, here's the conversation that followed:
"I want to go to the zoo with Kaitlin. Not Grandma and Grandpa they are boring. I want to go the the zoo with Kaitlin again."
"Why do you want to go with Kaitlin?"
"Because she is just so cute mommy. Kaitlin is very cute."
A three year old thinks I'm cute and I take that as a great compliment and it made my day!!

No comments: