Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Time Blues:The Tale of a Flip-flopped Problem

Most of everyone I know suffers from the occasional blues in the cold wintry months when sunshine is scarce. Who ever heard of having the blues in the wonderful months of summer when sunshine is far and wide, and freedom is savored?!
The answer to that is sadly, me. I'm guess I'm not talking about real serious blues but my freedom is far from savored. There are many things that I love about summer time; laying on the grass, going up the canyon for picnics, my favorite holidays, etc. There is only one aspect of summer that I don't love and that is not having a schedule.
Don't get me wrong, it's great for a few weeks but then it's just not much fun. I'm the type that loves those cold dreary months because it brings purpose, busy schedules and above all friendship. I just need order and structure in my life, is that to much to ask :)
Now for all you people that actually stay busy and work hard throughout the summer, who are probably rolling your eyes about now at my patheticness this wasn't the intent of the post. I just wonder if there are people out there that suffer from can't-enjoy-it-while-you-got-it syndrome?
This summer hasn't really been that bad since I got to take my summer hiatus to Texas but every once in a while I feel those blues coming on. During these summer months Sundays and church become my favorite things. I actually get to socialize a little bit and that is the thing I savor above my vacation freedom. I would never have guessed but I actually like to be social now!
I guess I've been thinking about it because of how much I have loved my Sundays this summer and this last Sunday was a good one. After a long time I actually have responsibilities and new friendships. It really has been a long time and I am so excited for the opportunities that the next months have to offer.

No comments: