Sunday, August 22, 2010

Why I Love Michael Scofield

Well, I have come to embrace my addiction to Prison Break. I debated if it was something I was ready to admit to but here I am. This show has consumed a great deal of my time this week and as a result has me thinking about it a lot. I know it's make believe, trust me, but there is one reason specifically why I love this show. His name is Michael Scofield. He is the main character and putting aside the fact that he is exceptionally good looking I want to talk about his other exceptional qualities. 
He is the kind of person that cares about other people. He will do anything to protect those that he loves including sacrificing himself. He is a man of his word. He is good through and through. He is really smart and can pretty much do anything but never uses that to harm another person, even if that other person is his enemy. He can't stand to see others suffering.
He reminds me of my other favorite character, Robin Hood. Robin Hood had these qualities as well. Granted one of these men was a robber and the other a convicted felon but if more men existed today that shared some of these qualities the world wouldn't be such a bad place. 
I have a hard time with super heroes like Superman or Batman because even though flying and x-ray vision is pretty cool it doesn't really exist. But men like Robin Hood or Michael Scofield, I bet I can find a guy or two that really do exist that could compare. Men that go about doing good and have goodness radiating from their faces, now that's my kind of super hero! 

No comments: