Wednesday, October 12, 2011

LGA Day 15

Describe Your Dream Home


My dream home is filled with two or three little kids running around after bath time with an awesome husband chasing them down while I'm taking care of the baby. When they are contained we have story time and mom and dad tuck them in.
Haha just kidding (not really) I know what it was really asking. My dream house isn't something that I am very particular about, but there are a few features that I think would make it ideal.
First it has to have a kitchen with an island and lots of windows.
Second it needs to have a big porch where we can all sit on a Sunday evening in our rocking chairs or comfy porch swing. A porch the kids can lounge around reading on in the summer.
Third, I would like it to have a decent sized yard. Someplace the kids can easily play and run around in. Maybe throw a ball around. Where I can grow my own vegetables and herbs and so I can wake up on Saturday mornings to the sound of my husband (and by husband I mean Awesome husband) mowing the lawn and the smell of fresh cut grass filling the air. That I'm afraid is not negotiable.
Size of house really doesn't matter much to me. I don't want a huge house with lots of cool features, I just want a house sufficient for our needs. I don't mind kids sharing bedrooms.
I think it would be great if it was a combination of Father of the Bride and Green Gables. Green Gables on the outside, Father of the Bride on the inside. Yes, I am aware that that is structurally impossible but if it's my dream home that means I can dream about it.
Follow this link to see other houses that I could easily fall in love with.

1 comment:

Chesney said...

We are alike in the houses for sure! I love each of those, Can I move in right now!!! I bet you could find most of them in the south! Let's go!