Monday, October 3, 2011

LGA Day 6

My Most Treasured Item(s)

I had to think about this one a lot. I'm a sentimental person and like to keep things (attachment issues NOT hoarding issues) but I don't think there is any one thing that I couldn't live without. There is somethings that I would be painful to loose and that would be the things I have from my mission. 
I'm one of those that has really struggled leaving the mission behind. I think the worst part about leaving an area or the mission all together is wondering if the people that you grew to love so much and could never ever forget, will even remember you after you're gone. You only have one mission but they stay there with a constant parade of new missionaries. 
Anyway, my most treasured item would be my box of mission memories. Pictures, journals, notes from fellow missionaries, bus tickets, plane tickets, gifts from members, letters from home, all the emails I wrote, etc. I tried to save everything and am so glad I did when I start looking through the box. They are just things but it was the greatest thing that's ever happened to me so far and I can't wait to go through it and share the stories with my kids.

No comments: